ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > Windshields

Old August 9th, 2010   #11
ralphn0
Donators

Default Re: AeroFlow "Summer" windshield prototypes - a review

Hey, Lets do a group Buy!!! What do you think??
Ralph
ralphn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010   #12
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

I've approached Paige about group buys before and basically, he requires a minimum number of orders.

I'll touch base with him after I'm back (I'll be back on the 24th) and see what he has to say.
STOC# 929, IBA# 218

zldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010   #13
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

Ok, Paige just got back to me with pricing on his new "Summer shields" that I've been testing out and I'm posting them here. I highly recommend these windshields especially with the Laminar-Flow-Plates (LFP's) as it really helps to smooth out the air flow that "hits" your helmet.

Another idea would be to add an LFP beneath your existing windshield. What the LFP does is to force air up against the inside of your windshield thus, equalizing the air pressure on both sides so that, when the air flows off of the shield, it doesn't cause as much turbulence which then causes head buffetting. For best results, only raise your windshield between 1/2 inch - 1 inch and allow the air to flow to your helmet. YMMV and it is best to test out what works for you best.

Sport/Summer screen pricing, with and without flow plates:

Complete with Laminar-Flow-Plates...(LFP's by themselves run $119.95)

Std. Ht...$249.95, Med...$264.95, Tall...$279.95, No X-Tall available

Plastic Windshield Screen Only (w/out flow-plate):

Std. Ht...$155.00, Med...$170.00, Tall...$185.00

Also, AeroFlow is running a 15% Off Sale this month. It's not advertised in print but is on their website (http://aeroflowscreens.com/CurrentProjects.htm)

STOC# 929, IBA# 218

Old September 11th, 2010   #14
TimM

Now if they had a model that was the same width as the stock shield with the fancy top curve to raise the air over your head... me thinks that would be an all-year windshield.

Their web site is a little tough to navigate, but seems they only offer this narrower than stock sleeve buffeting model, or their older much wider saucer model.

So Joe, if you can recall, how does the sleeve buffeting compare with the stock shield?
TimM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010   #15
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

Hi Tim,

I never liked the stock windshield. I really like this medium windshield with the LFP. The air that hits my helmet is smooth and there isn't any back-pressure (unless you raise the windshield really high). I think the upcurve at the bottom of the Aeroflow scoops more air under the windshield and then the LFP directs it up against the inside of the main windshield. Then, when the two flow meet at the top, they equalize and flow smoothly off the edge of the windshield.

The original Aeroflow shield was really designed for 2-up riding and does a great job protecting the passenger from head buffetting.

Regards,

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimM View Post
Now if they had a model that was the same width as the stock shield with the fancy top curve to raise the air over your head... me thinks that would be an all-year windshield.

Their web site is a little tough to navigate, but seems they only offer this narrower than stock sleeve buffeting model, or their older much wider saucer model.

So Joe, if you can recall, how does the sleeve buffeting compare with the stock shield?
STOC# 929, IBA# 218

Old September 29th, 2011   #16
Lynn T. Bailie

So Joe. I live in the Portland Or. area and miss the warm weather. If a person could only have one Aeroflow, which would you suggest, knowing the weather we get in the NW?
Lynn T. Bailie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011   #17
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

Hmmm, here's a solution for you.

Get the Winter (original) wide version and then buy my second "summer" version from me for $50 (plus shipping). That way, you'd have the best of both worlds and I wouldn't be lugging around 2 Summer versions.

The Summer version I have is a prototype, though. Paige has continued to experiment and make improvements. So...

If you didn't want to do that, I would say get the Summer version from Paige. It provides enough protection in the winter. Your gloves might get wet faster in the rain is all. But, Aerostich's Gortex Over-glove fixes that.

Let me know if you're interested in my "deal" idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn T. Bailie View Post
So Joe. I live in the Portland Or. area and miss the warm weather. If a person could only have one Aeroflow, which would you suggest, knowing the weather we get in the NW?
STOC# 929, IBA# 218

Old September 30th, 2011   #18
Lynn T. Bailie

Works for me. Do you have the packaging to get it down here? Will you take a check? If so, let me know the total cost and I'll shoot you a check in the mail first. Thank you. 503-734-9775
Old September 30th, 2011   #19
Lynn T. Bailie

Oh, I don't have access to this email on the weekends. If you need to contact me on the weekend, you'll have to call me. 503-734-9775