ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > Windshields

Old October 6th, 2008   #1
Deano
Donators

Default National Cycle V-Stream Windsheild

Message 1 of 22 in Discussion From: schufffer4321 (Original Message)Sent: 12/24/2006 5:02 PM Just put our V-Stream on the ST yesterday! Wow what a difference, NO,(thats right) NO back pressure at all. From 30mph through 80mph with shield half up the turbulance is exactly where they said it would be, about 1 foot to each side, and probably a foot above my head. With the sheild full up! It's amazing.
The best thing is that the rider is also in quiet air. My wife is so pleased her head isn't bobbin around at interstate speeds and causing neck strain. The optics are good and when running twisties I don't feel I need the sheild all the way down to see.
Check it out at nationalcycle.com
T

First Previous 2-16 of 22 Next Last Reply
Recommend Message 2 of 22 in Discussion From: PeteSent: 12/25/2006 8:46 AM Thanks for the info, T. I'd be interested in hearing about the height of the V-Stream relative to the OE screen, overall quality and ease of fitment, and appearance.
PeteP

Recommend Message 3 of 22 in Discussion From: nm6rSent: 12/25/2006 9:28 AM Can you describe the behavior when it is all the way down?

Ray

Recommend Message 4 of 22 in Discussion From: schufffer4321Sent: 12/25/2006 7:36 PM Thsi sheild seems to be about the same height as the OEM but a bit wider over all. The top portion is quite a bit wider than the stock and with some special shape and molding on the sheild to redirect the air foil out and away from the riders. My wife especially likes that she has very little turbulance at all. With the sheild all the way down I have a clear view over the top and clean air, Dee Dee says the air flow hits around her shoulders but does not make pressure on her neck and head like the OEM. By the way almost all the wind noise is gone at any height. Check it out at nationalcycle.com, go to Honda then key to ST-1300 its the only thing offered for this model. Works great and is far better in my opinion, and for the money I don't feel we can go wrong. I had been trying to get one since about July and they just became availiable.
Tom

Recommend Message 5 of 22 in Discussion From: LigitoAzulSent: 12/26/2006 4:32 PM Has anyone compared this to the Aeroflow windscreen?

Recommend Message 6 of 22 in Discussion From: Wind_RunnerSent: 1/8/2007 9:38 AM Sounds like everything many of us are looking for! (Quite Air) One thing I am wondering about it how does it act in wind. Especially erratic shifting side winds. Does it cause more movement in the bike. We have to deal with so much of that sort of wind condition riding here in the desert southwest. Have you had the chance to test it in those conditions yet?

Recommend Message 7 of 22 in Discussion From: ShiningKnight1Sent: 1/8/2007 10:22 AM I have just installed V-STream on my bike and I want to respond to a couple of discussions on this site. Initally, I liked the Aeroflow concept until I meet a fellow ST rider with it on his bike. He liked it somewhat but was not completely satisfied with the results that he was looking for.

The other issue is wind. Yesterday it was very windy in Southern California. I attributed the handling of the bike more to the fairing than the V-STream windshield. The best way that I can described the V-STeam's quiteness is it would be like driving your car down the freeway with the windows cracked, the radio off, listening to the wind and the sound of the tires of other cars. Your head does not feel like a bobbing-doll anymore. Wind turbulence was hitting me on my outside arms at my shoulders

How this windhield and the bike handles at a very high rate of speed, I don't have a clue, but at normal driving speeds of traffic, the V-STream windshield operates wonderfully.

I have the electric adjustable windshield and it is your preference in what heighth that you want. I normally have it up on the freeway and down in the canyons.

Before, I had a STock windshield and a Liminar Lip. The differences are as different as night and day. The most suttle difference to the V-STream windshield is the "V" that is molded into the windshield. and the upper part of the windshield as a slight steeper angle. This is an aerodynamic design that helps send the airflow over your head. From my research of other brands, the windshield may be wider or taller or some combination of both. The may have cat eyes in the design, but all use the same angle of air flow from the bottom to the top.

This is my $.02 worth.

Recommend Message 8 of 22 in Discussion From: bossnick1Sent: 1/8/2007 8:12 PM Hi Richard,

Thank you for your input and have a good week.

boss

Recommend Message 9 of 22 in Discussion From: vnsfxrSent: 1/14/2007 7:27 PM My question is with the shield all the way down do you get air flow to your chest?

No wind and no noise is great, but not if it causes you to melt in the summer because you don't get any airflow to cool you.

Recommend Message 10 of 22 in Discussion From: jh2rc97Sent: 1/15/2007 7:39 AM With the shield all the way up the air flow is alittle more than with the stock windshield even with no noise. The cutout at the bottom of the V-Stream is cut alittle higher than the stock. With the shield all the way down the flow is good, but I don't recall if it hits you in the chest. I would go for a ride and see, but it is 21 degrees and icy.

Recommend Message 11 of 22 in Discussion From: jh2rc97Sent: 1/23/2007 7:19 AM I did ride yesterday and with the shield all the way down it does hit you in the upper part of the chest. I am 6' and have the seat all the way up.

Recommend Message 12 of 22 in Discussion From: bellylaugh43Sent: 3/5/2007 9:39 AM I just installed the V-Stream windsheild from National Cycle. It is a major improvement over the stock screen. I rode round trip from San Francisco to Sacremento, all freeway. It did well.

My biggest beef about the stock windshiled is the back flow. Air would push on the back of my shoulders and neck, causing me to tire more easily. My hands and wrists would ache from the combination of pushing and hard grips. The V-Stream really improves on this. There is still a fair amount of air flowing under my arms and past my sides, but that doesn't bother me. I'm still considering the largest of the Cee Bailey windscreens, but I'll wait and see how the V-Stream goes. A couple trips to Portland will make that determination.

I also installed a Brakeaway throttle lock, Helibar risers, Turbocity cruising pegs, and both morror and fairing deflectors. The only thing left is a Russel seat. I should be getting that soon.

Jeff in SF

Recommend Message 13 of 22 in Discussion From: kmuensterSent: 3/5/2007 9:51 AM Hey Jeff,
Any feedback on the Brakeaway Throttle Lock? I'm in the market after some long rides, the right hand tends to cramp up some and this looks like a nice piece of equipment.

Recommend Message 14 of 22 in Discussion From: bellylaugh43Sent: 3/5/2007 11:26 AM kMuenster,

Here's the comments on the Brakeaway throttle lock.

http://groups.msn.com/ST1300US/farkl...13064238642487

Jeff in SF

Recommend Message 15 of 22 in Discussion From: WLCPanSent: 3/6/2007 4:39 AM My recommendation: Check out the windshields from California Scientific. (www.Calsci.com) Great quality with excellent results.

0 recommendations Message 16 of 22 in Discussion
Sent: 9/19/2007 7:17 PM This message has been deleted by the author. Message 17 of 22 in Discussion From: barko1Sent: 9/20/2007 4:43 AM I have a very slightly used one for sale, had it on only a week. Little big for me but works well. $125
Recommend Message 18 of 22 in Discussion From: Freelancer54Sent: 9/20/2007 5:28 AM If your price includes shipping, I'd like to buy it. The destination ZIP is 77478. I can pay with paypal, check, or money order.

I will email you directly with a shipping address if you say "Yes."

Recommend Message 19 of 22 in Discussion From: Dave96710Sent: 11/6/2007 8:37 PM The VStream did eliminate the back pressure and seemed to work a little better in raised settings. However at the lowest setting it was just like the stock shield. The turbulence hit you square in the face. I like to ride with clean air around my helmet and raise the shield for bad weather only. If you like to ride peering over the top edge of your shield its probably an improvement over stock ?

Dave

Recommend Message 20 of 22 in Discussion From: dragon129560Sent: 11/14/2007 5:30 AM I have been debating over a V-STream and a clearview. I like the looks of the V-STream more. Thanks for your info. Maybe this will help me make up my mind.
SThillbilly

Recommend Message 21 of 22 in Discussion From: 2wheelrollerSent: 11/29/2007 7:55 PM I find the V-STream also makes the bike a lot more stable under gusty winds. Probley because the bike is now cutting the air much better.

I also find optics much better than stock, but with RST mirrored shield on my HJC helmet I get a small light rainbow effect next to where I'm looking through the windshield, I have now got use to the effect so it doesn't bother me now.

Having a lot less win noise I think is the biggest plus.And it is easier to clean an quite a bit more scratch resistant than stock.

Don

Recommend Message 22 of 22 in Discussion From: ralphn0Sent: 12/20/2007 9:08 PM I just received my V-Stream a couple of days ago and today was my chance to feel the difference vs the stock shield. I have mixed feeling about it. I am 5'9" with a 29" inseam. Most of the riding was in town and on the freeway. With the V-Stream half way up it felt good but I still felt the back pressure. With it all the way up it was terrible!!! Much worst (back pressure) than the stock shield!! I won't ride with it all the way up, unless it rains. I didn't mind the looks of it. Next week I take a 3 hr trip so I'll play with it alot more.
Ralph

"Ain't nothing stoppin us now but the leavin' of it all"

2014 KTM 1190 Adventure
2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC (Sold)
2008 ST1300A "Scarlet" (Glory Red is the Fastest)
2008 Kaw C14 (Sold)
2003 ST1300 (RIP)
15 years in No Bike Land
1986 Nighthawk S (sold)
Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009   #2
Firecpt12C

Default Re: National Cycle V-Stream Windsheild

I see the V-stream was discussed in Oct. 08. Is everyone still pleased with the purchase. I'm looking at cutting down the wind noise however, I don't want a hugh windshield. Doe's anyone have photos with it installed? Thanks Monte
Firecpt12C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010   #3
rlt

is mileage effected by the V strem?
rlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010   #4
JayCee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlt View Post
is mileage effected by the V strem?
Yes it is...less turbulence = longer rides = greater mileage
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010   #5
Shippguy94

Does anyone have a stock windshield that they would like to sell. I would like to cut about 4 inches off of a stock one for the hot summer days. I am about 5'-8" and even with the stock shield all the way down I do not get enough air to keep cool. Thanks, Lyle
Shippguy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010   #6
jeffingranitebay1

Hey Shippguy94:

I have a stock windshield that is hardly used. When i got my ST1300 I got the V-Stream right away. I don't know what a fare price would be. Let me know what you think.

Jeff in Granite BAy
jeffingranitebay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010   #7
JIM ANTRIM

Hello to all, I am new on this board.
I found a very interesting windshield design on youtube.
Here is a link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWEFwqfT0jo
I know that they are working on 2 new designs
and looking for test riders.
What do you think?
Regards
Jim
JIM ANTRIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010   #8
Shippguy94

Hey Jeff, Do you still want to sell your windshield? I haven't heard from you in a while. E-mail me at lyle_wadel@yahoo.com thanks, Lyle
Shippguy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010   #9
jeffingranitebay1

Yeah. I'll get the postage charge and get back to you by Monday.

Jeff
jeffingranitebay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010   #10
zldrider
Chief Bottle-washer

Hi Jim,

I think a couple things:
  1. the under the mirror shields have been tried before and apparently work well to eliminate wind buffetting to the rider and passenger. Marcel's design looks very nice.
  2. My opinion of the windshield is a bit large. Other than what the video shows, I can't comment further without testing. It just seems a bit over sized to me. Might be a great winter windshield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM ANTRIM View Post
Hello to all, I am new on this board.
I found a very interesting windshield design on youtube.
Here is a link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWEFwqfT0jo
I know that they are working on 2 new designs
and looking for test riders.
What do you think?
Regards
Jim
STOC# 929, IBA# 218

zldrider is offline   Reply With Quote