ST1300.us.com  

Go Back   ST1300.us.com > Honda ST1300 Forums > Accessories & Modifications (Farkles) > Suspension

Old July 19th, 2015   #21
ligito
Donators

Rep Power: 156 ligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura aboutligito has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Up Grading fork springs

Don't use jack oil in forks.

Honda Super 90, in 1968 with super stiff, teeth jarring forks.

STOC 4669

Pantera Azul
ligito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015   #22
Rob2m
Loquacious Member

Default Re: Up Grading fork springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRB View Post
"more spring" would need to be the physical size of the spring before it had any effect on oil level, not spring rate.
Yes, but Marv said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv02 View Post
The ZX springs are about 3/4 longer I was concerned about the sag but it right on where needs to be.
So I'm guessing more spring will increase the oil level.
When I have done mine I measure the gap from the top to the oil level, It's quite surprising how the level can change with the centre rod up or down. The other thing is by adding a quantity of oil, how do you know how much oil is left in the system, It takes quite a bit of pumping to get the final remnants out of the forks.

Last edited by Rob2m; July 20th, 2015 at 02:01 AM.
Rob2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015   #23
marv02

Angry Re: Up Grading fork springs

I installed the All Balls forks seal wiper kit and All Balls fork bushings couple weeks ago with new fluid.

After getting a change to give the forks a closer look it a combination of things that making the forks leak.

The fork sliders are now scratched up from the New Bushing Kit that letting the oil go by the new seals.

So looks like I need to get the tube slider redone buy a new set.

And but some OEM Parts from now on I normally go with OEM parts but I would think the All Ball brand would been ok was I wrong.

Work on my own bikes built many from the ground up many one off customs not one of my bike has ever stayed stock for very long.
marv02 is offline   Reply With Quote